Precision Door Services Openers of Southern California
Serving The Entire Greater Los Angeles including Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, San Gabriel Valley, Pomona & Rancho Cucamonga
WITH 1,536 REVIEWS
to view local phone numbers
Precision Garage Door Openers of The Greater LA Area
Serving Greater Los Angeles including Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, San Gabriel Valley, Pomona & Rancho Cucamonga
We install and repair most garage door opener makes and models! If you need an opener installed or a garage door opener repaired in the Southern California area, give Precision a call today. Our professionally trained technicians are happy to help you choose the perfect model for your needs that also fits within your budget.
Please read on to learn about the styles and convenient features available now on some of the best garage door openers you can buy. Whether you need smart features, energy-saving openers, or battery backup options, Precision Door Services of Southern California has an opener that will suit your needs.
Which Type of Garage Door Opener Is Best for You?
There Are 4 Main Types of Openers
Chain Driven Openers
Chain drives are typically the most commonly used and are a very reliable type of opener. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives.
However, chain drive openers tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. We typically don't recommend these types of openers because the small savings aren’t worth it. LiftMaster® also does not warranty the chain for life like it does the belt on the belt drives and the motor is much noisier.
Screw Driven Openers
Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to only work well in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature or weather patterns throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended.
They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers, but are the least expensive. If you didn’t like how noisy or slow your current opener was, you won’t enjoy having a screw driven opener in your garage. Check out our video showing you the differences between openers below.
Belt Driven Openers
Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers.
If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door if you get a belt driven opener installed. Many customers end up extremely satisfied with their purchase of a belt drive opener, and can’t ever imagine going back to the noise of a chain opener.
Instead of the opener mounted in the center of your garage ceiling, the jackshaft is mounted on the wall next to your garage door and attached to the torsion spring above the door. When would you want a jackshaft? When you have high ceilings in your garage or just want to free up some ceiling space. The cost is slightly higher than a ceiling mounted opener.
Proper Garage Door Opener Installation
What Is The Best Garage Door Opener?
Watch this video and you'll get to listen and learn which is the right type of opener for you?
Proper Garage Door Opener Installation
Watch this video and ensure your garage door opener is installed properly.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
8550WLB DC Battery Backup Belt Drive Wi-Fi
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your garage door opener and home lighting from anywhere.
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your garage door opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening.
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.
- Enables secure in-garage delivery for Amazon Prime packages.
PDS800® DC Powered Garage Door Operator
- Eco-Friendly: Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation: Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always: If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door: To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control: Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station: All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light: A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release:When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
- Warranty: Precision offers a lifetime warranty on the motor and the belt and the labor. If your motor has a problem, we're not going to just fix it. We're going to take it down and give you a brand new one. If you can find a motor with a better warranty- buy it!
8500W DC Battery Backup Wall Mount Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
Wall mount design frees up ceiling space in your garage, reduces noise and vibration.
Built-in Wi-Fi® allows for smartphone control with the myQ® app.
Battery Backup allows you to open/close your door even when the power is out.
Includes myQ Remote LED Light featuring 1,500 lumens.
Automatic Garage Door Lock deadbolts your door after closing.
Enables secure in-garage delivery for Amazon Prime packages.
Why Choose Precision
- Same Day Service
- All Calls Answered By A Live Operator 24/7
- Evenings & Weekends Available At No Extra
- Emergency Service
- All Work Is Guaranteed
- Open 7 Days/Week
- All Major Credit Cards Accepted
- Professionally Trained Technicians
- We Repair & Service All Major Brands
LicensesCalifornia State Contractor's License
If you are looking for service in the Simi Valley, Ventura County, and Santa Barbara areas, please visit:
If you are looking for service in the Riverside, San Bernardino, and Temecula area, please visit: